Saturday, January 30, 2010

Left Dana For the Dogs

Hello everyone! So today we had a long day out in service. It is so nice to be out again after being kept in the house for a week while I was sick. It was full of adventure. We started off by Tom and Michelle picking us up so we could go to the meeting for field service. Which is so nice because we have been feeling left all alone out in service, but now we are meeting twice a week with the groups for service. On Tuesday we meet out in Black Bush and then Saturday we meet up in 53 village with the Sanches service group. So while we were waiting on the road for them we were watched. Yes I said watched. Remember the drunk neighbor who has started coming to meetings? Well he decided today was the day that he would sit on his veranda and stare at us while we waited. He sat there and just watched us for about 10 minutes, it was really creepy. Well that seems to be what he is good at, making us feel creeped out.

Finally they picked us up and we got to the service group. After a short meeting for service we took off. First we went to Lalo, she is a woman that is about 40 who was born deaf. Then when she was about 25 she had a stroke and lost the ability to use the limited sign she knew. So we watch the dvd and I draw pictures and try to explain it as simply as possible. We stay a short period of time because we dont think she understands a lot and just giving her a bunch of information at one time doesnt seem like the best idea. Then off we went across the road to Sono's. This is where the fun begins....

So off we went and as we walked in the gate to walk to his house which is in the back, we remembered that the dog wasnt very nice last week. So I am in front of Dana who says its ok because we have our umbrellas out. So we start walking in and I dont see the dogs anywhere. So carefully I walk around the corner and there are 2 dogs sitting there. When they looked up and saw us they jumped to their feet and started barking and running at us. If any of you have been in service with me, you know that typically I am ok with dogs. Yeah, these ones didnt like us at all. So as a reflex I turned and ran. Remember I was in front of Dana, it is important to remember at this point in the story. So I took off, I havent ran that fast in a long time. As I was running I didnt happen to think about who I was leaving behind. I look in front of me and Dani has the same idea as me. She is running saying oh I dont think so while she did it. We get to the gate and turn around, there is no Dana. I watch as Dana comes backing out of the alley waving her umbrella around yelling get away. So when we realized that we had left Dana for the dogs we couldnt help but start cracking up. I was laughing so hard I couldnt breathe and I was doubled over. Finally the young girl who lives at the front house, who also was laughing, took the dogs away and we were able to go through.

So other than that we didnt have anything too exciting happen. We did some other studies along the way and then did some that werent at home yesterday. It was a long day out, but it was productive for sure. Oh something else that was cool was that I had my first study with someone for english! Danielle and Dana found a woman who went deaf and can read lips, but doesnt sign at all. Her and her husband were interested in them coming back. So I went and we did the first lesson from the You Can Be God's Friend brochure. However it took a very interesting turn when he decided he wanted to discuss hell. I am a little rusty at having discussions about that subject, so I just used the do you think that a loving God would create a place for people to be tortured forever? At which point he quickly said that God just wants to threaten us with it so we do good. It was an interesting discussion indeed.

So Abi will be here on Tuesday! We are so excited that there arent words. Also what else is exciting about this is that we are going into Georgetown with Tom Monday morning and we are going to stay at the Bethel branch the night before! We havent really been able to see it yet and we not only get to see it but also stay there. We are going at a good time too because Monday night is their family worship night. So I think we are going to be able to sit in on it:) Another great thing about that is that the guest room we are staying in has air conditioning and hot water!!! You would think you wouldnt want hot water, but after 2 months of taking cold showers first thing in the morning you want a hot shower. Even if just means I feel clean again, finally! And the air conditioning, well that is self-explanatory. So we are looking forward to getting to see Georgetown a little and having this wonderful experience. Hope everything is well, I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! Sounds like the adventures of Faith are going well. We miss you, and your whole family actually!! Grandma & Grandpa are coming to see us in a couple of weeks. I am so excited! I miss family as much as you miss hot showers and air conditioning!! XOXOX love ya hun!!

    ReplyDelete