Tuesday, January 5, 2010

mud=rain, americans in black bush=stupid

Hey everyone, as you can tell from the title of this entry we were in black bush today. It was quite an adventure, it started this morning with my choice of shoes. I wore sandals, they are very open and leave my feet exposed to the elements. So Dani and I took a bus to the polder to meet Shameniel to head into black bush. I should have seen that outside it was cloudy and looked like it was ready to start pouring down rain. I however didnt. We arrived there and waited for our bus to arrive. Our ride in was good, not too bumpy. When we got off the bus we called the return visits mother to tell her that we would be there in a few minutes. When she picked up she told us that they werent home today and we would have to wait until next week. That is not what you want to hear as you see the only bus in sight driving away and you realize that you now have to walk.

As we started walking it started raining.....I had on open toed shoes. So as we were walking my feet kept getting more and more disgusting. We are walking in about 3 inches of mud. We walked that way for about 2 miles. It is all mud and puddles. So every so often I would stop and put my foot in the puddle so I could get some of the mud off of my feet. However in the process I just seemed to get more dirt on my feet I was just able to get the clumps of mud off my shoes so they didnt weigh 5 extra pounds. So we finally found a place where we could rinse our feet off and thankfully a bus stopped to pick us up. So we went to our other bible study with the puppies. She did really well today, she understood what was going on and was very attentive. As we were leaving Shameniel got her puppy!! The puppies name is Cleo, she is black and white and oh so adorable. Ok so thank you all for all the emails and comments, I miss you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Faith hope you don't make the same mistake again with the sandals but that's pretty funny!
    (-=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith,

    I am happy to see your new post. Sounds like you had quite an adventure in the black bush today. I hope your feet didn't suffer anything worse than dirt. LOL.......Stay safe and keep posting! I love reading your adventures.

    Love,

    Aunt Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis!! I have made that same mistake before of wearing sandals when I shouldn't have. Uncle Jeremy just blames it on me being born in Arkansas!! Glad you are doing well. We miss you :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI SWEETIE,
    WE LOVE HEARING OF YOUR ADVENTURES. PERHAPS A PHONE CALL BEFORE WOULD HAVE SAVED THE SHOES, BUT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO BORING!
    BE SAFE AND BLOG MORE OFTEN.
    REMEMBER YOU ARE MY FAVORITE! GRANDDAUGHTER.
    DON'T TELL THE OTHERS.
    LOVE, G:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Faith! Haley here. I don't know if your dad told you yet but C and I know Dana your upcoming new roommate. She is awesome. You are going to love her. She's like brooke. Easy, stable, and up for anything. Plus she is a nurse. So don't worry about all of the health code violations!! Do you guys see Lara and Mike very often? They are from my KH. Until next time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Faith! We all LOVE to read your blog! I check it, no joke, each and every day. Sometimes I check it more often than just once... Also have to check Danielles for good measure - we compare your stories. You both do a good job putting it all down in writing - we get good visuals! Keep it coming! Love, all us Scalfs & Pomeroy too

    ReplyDelete