Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mamma Mia!

Hey everyone, sorry its been so long. I have been entertaining the very difficult creature that my mother is:) She did however make me aware of the fact that people probably still want to know what is going on. I only have to say that there hasnt been too much going on. I rode into Georgetown with Tom and Abi. It was a very short ride. Although I did have to wake up at 3 in the morning to get her, I think she hates me lol. She was supposed to have to wait for me, but I was the one doing the waiting. I stood outside the secured area for about 45 minutes. For all of you who know me at all, you know I am not very patient. So every white person I saw coming around the corner I thought was her, it wasnt. Finally the right white girl came around! To make a long story short, she is here and I am so happy to see my mom again.

Since then we have done lots of service and that has been about it. See out here we dont have much in the way of entertainment. So she has done a lot of reading. I took her into Skeldon one day to go and shop. It was a lot of fun. She isnt used to being in a market like this. We did lots of shopping and she figured out some of the Guyanese fruits that are delicious. Her first meeting was a true Guyana experience, the power went out about halfway through. In normal Guyanese fashion we continued the meeting as though we started in total darkness. It is very unusual for us Americans to not get all flustered when the power goes out and you cant see or hear what is going on.

Oh here is a good story for the end of this blog, Im sorry its so short there is just nothing all the exciting going on. But anyway... My mom was downstairs with my roomate Dana and they were getting dinner ready. All of a sudden my mom screams and takes off her jacket, hands it to Dana who has no idea what is going on, and procedes to start an examination of herself. At this point she tells Dana that the jacket she handed her had a spider on it only moments ago and she has no idea where it is now. That is when Dana screamed and threw the jacket on the floor:) It was sooooo funny, she doesnt like bugs too much is what I have learned.


Oh and to top it off this morning we had no power. It wasnt a regular blackout, this one was just our house and the front house. A guy driving a truck backed into the power pole, and caused it to spark. Thankfully we have electricity now, we dont like going without power all day. So I will be home in a week and a few days. I will be going into Georgetown on Monday with my mom and Dana:) It will be fun. Ok talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment