Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hey everyone, sorry it has been so long since my last post. It is really hard to write blogs frequently when there are 3 other girls in the house trying to use the computer as well. So here I am at 10 at night while the rest of the house is sound asleep trying to stay awake long enough to write. Abi has been here a week and is already fitting right in. We love having another person here to help out with everything. More for service and more for interpreting. Really not too much has been going on. Just going out in service and getting ready for our big trip to Lethem. That is the beginning of next month. We are really excited because we get to see some of the interior and go preaching in the area. It will be an experience to remember.

Today we went into Black Bush and found 3 new deaf. One is a little girl whos family owns a rum shop in Johanna village. Then there is a married couple who are older. We met the wife, couldn't get her to tell us her name but she was very friendly. Knows absolutely no sign at all, but loves pictures. She kept saying the same thing over and over again, so we are going to try again tomorrow. I think Abi is going to take it so it should be interesting to see how this goes.

Other than that nothing has happened. It has been the same Bible studies with the same amusing personalities. We have 2 Bible studies that are coming to meeting regularly now. Natalie is going to come every Sunday for meeting. A sister lives across the road from her and told us that she would be more than happy to bring her with her to meeting. It is so sweet, and that enables us to go and pick up other studies. We have one other woman we are going to try to get to come regularly. Her name is Rebecca. She is in her ealry 50's and is doing really well. She doesnt know any sign really but she can read lips. So when we study I voice what I am signing and she then understands what is going on. Hopefully soon her signing will start to improve. Last week when she learned that the earth is going to become a paradise she became very emotional and very happy. She is the study I feel the closest to. She was telling the girls that she loved me because I make her feel happy when I come to visit her. She is a sweetheart.

That is definetly something that I am going to miss about being here when I head home. The studies and the amount of interest they all have. It is great to have people here that want to learn and really love what they are learning. Ok I know this wasnt very long but I will have more to say soon. This Sunday we are heading over to the Hollenbeck's hosue for a congregation get together. Then we have Lethem coming up. I am sure I will have more to say then:) Oh and for all of you who dont know this, my mom will be here in 69 days!!! I am so excited to see her. Ok I will post more soon. Bye

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to thank you, I cry when I read these because I know how special this is for you girls & will be always, keep telling us about ur dear studies & let them know we r routing for them & u. sooo excited ur mom gets to come...xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY FAITH,

    WE THINK OF YOU ALL THE TIME AND INCLUDE YOU IN OUR PRAYERS. WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU! KEEP IT UP SWEETIE! THINK OF GOING FOR A GREAT BOAT RIDE THIS SUMMER WITH THE FAMILY AND US!!!

    LOVE YOU, ROD AND JODY

    ReplyDelete