Thursday, March 11, 2010

Moco Moco Falls

So as I left off in the last entry we had a trip into an area named Moco Moco Falls. We have heard a lot about this place so we were very excited to be able to finally see what they were all talking about. Deseree organized everything, so we piled in a bus that took us up there. Our group had 14 people in it, 2 of which came on their bikes. So off we went on into the savannah area, which also beautiful by the way. As we were driving the bus stopped suddenly and we were looking at a building with a grass roof and had holes in between the roof and the wall. This is the Kingdom Hall in Moco Moco, it was really nice to see and hear what its all about. This is a place where there is 1 elder in the congregation. What happens is every month brothers from Lethem are assigned to go and give talks and help support the meetings in the area, it is a very small group and really needs help. After a little bit of waiting we all piled in the bus again and were off.

When we arrived there we stood around as we organized the group to go off on the hike. So as we took off it became apparent that some of us arent the greatest of hikers anymore….no I don’t mean me. It was about a 20 minute hike and very pretty. When we got there it was a giant swimming hole with a rock that if you can manage to climb up you can jump off of. I havent really been working my arms too much since I only do my laundry when I have no clothes left to wear, sorry mom. So I swam around for a while and then we all decided to head upstream further. I decided to do the hiking instead of the climbing and swimming, once again no muscle in my arms anymore. So the hike was nice and mellow, until we got to the part where the trail ends and you have to cross the river. That meant getting in the water and figuring out how to get across, some of our group stayed behind, I decided to try and climb up a rock. When I got to the rock I was figuring out where to put my hand and everything, then I looked up and a spider that was seriously as big as my head was right by my hand. Then I looked around some more and realized hey there are about 5 spiders all the same size sitting by me, at this point in the story I let go of the rock and figured out another way around.

Finally I made it up there then to realize that I would have to hike barefoot in the jungle to get where I would need to go. So I followed Tom and another young brother named Micaiah through the jungle where they had no idea where they were going. I survived along with my feet and nothing big and hairy bit me in the process. Once we got up there we had to turn around to go and meet the rest of the group again, it was a nice little adventure though. We headed back to the original swimming hole where one of the local boys and Abi had a contest to see who could hold their breath the longest. He won, although she tried numerous times to see if she could win. After that we all headed back to the bus. I know this one should have been longer but really nothing too exciting happened while we were there, again pictures are much better at explaining things than I am. Once again though after the trip we went and got more Brazilian ice cream. What a wonderful way to end the day!

1 comment: